Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas 2006

For those who don't know Moon Knight he originally appeared as a villain in the 70s series Werewolf By Night. His 80s spin off series "MOON KNIGHT" (Not 'Marc Spector - Moon Knight'- or 'Moon Knight - The Fist of Konshu') was my ALL TIME favorite comic book run. In fact if you're ever in a comic shop looking for a really good - cheap read, pick up any of those original Moon Knight issues between 1-30 that had art by Bill Sienkiewicz - especially 11, 12, 15, 24, 25, 26.

I'd been looking for his first appearance in WBN 32 for quite a while with no luck. At Mid Ohio Con last month I was asking around and one dealer told me, "That book doesn't exist on this entire floor."

My dear wife heard me grumbling in frustration as I browsed through auction prices. Days later she apparently called a comic shop and said, "I'm looking for a Moon Knight comic that has something to do with... a wolf-man?" I don't know how she pulled it off, but she ended up surprising me at Christmas with a really nice copy.

This is right up there with the year she scored an actual 35mm print of the first Spider-Man trailer that was pulled because it featured the World Trade Center.

Thanks Diane.

Happy New Year Everyone and CONGRATS TO MY BROTHER KURT WHO JUST GOT ENGAGED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home