Thursday, July 14, 2005

First FULL Cut is Done

Yeah, I know I’ve been saying Cut 3 is done, so how are we back at Uno?

In January we were essentially 93 percent shot, and with the snow upon us, we decided to stop shooting and edit what we had from that portion.

This turned out to be a really great way for us to go as it revealed many things - such as ‘stuff we needed that we never scripted’ or ‘scripted stuff that we didn’t need’, as well as the popular ‘scripted stuff that was never shot.’

Two days ago all of that 'needed' stuff finally found its way into Cut 3, hence the subject line.

From this point on we’re improving a full version, and that’s a big sigh of relief for me. The first time I edit a scene I always have a little panic about whether or not we covered it properly. We gladly don’t see the need to reshoot anything, but focus groups may reveal otherwise.


G'night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home